Re: DaimlerChrysler

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 01:47:57 EDT

At 07:07 AM 5/12/98 -0500, jim miller wrote:

>> Although Daimler-Benz is Germany's largest corporation, or whatever term
>> they use, VW produces more vehicles than DB. Remember the Volkswagen Group
>> contains: VW, Audi, SEAT, and Skoda. I believe there is another company in
>> there too, but not a big one. How about Porsche!!!!

Porsche isn't part of the VW Group, but I wouldn't be suprised to see it
happen eventually. They have always worked together.

>Are you aware that the first couple of years that Plymouth Horizon and Dodge
>Omnis were powered by a VW engine similar the the VW rabbit engine. Look
at the
>block on one if you have the chance and you will see the VW and the Audi
emblems
>cast into the block.

Yes, it is basically the same engine, except they were all carb'ed, whereas
most, but not all, VWs were FI. VW's former Westmoreland assembly plant in
Pa was an uncompleted CC plant that VW got from CC. I don't know if that
was part of a deal with the motors or just helping each other out.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco