BAD CAR WASHES

From: bob (lthpbsw@northstar.k12.ak.us)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 20:10:42 EDT

This is for all of you that get your car washed at automated car washes.

I've had my dakota for almost a year and I've noticed that it isn't as
glossy as it used to be. I took it into our 5-star dealership and they
redid my mastershield coating free and detailed my truck :). Looks good.
Not great. When I went to pick it up they talked to me about where I was
getting my car washed and stuff. They said the car wash had taken away
most of the Master Shield on the front and back and started on the clear
coat. Ouch. He told me to call in a month or so and they would help me
out with redoing the clear coat and do the mastershield once again.
        The new car wash in town this winter was cheaper than the old one
and did a better job (in theory). It actually partially ruined my clear
coat on the sides and tailgate. (in theory communism works.) I don't know
if car washes like this are common but you just park you car in the middle
of it and this big machine goes around your car and washes it great. It
has big blue colored revolving brushes that you can realy hear hitting your
car. A piece of the brush got stuck in my door handle and apparently broke
off. When I got home I took it out and it was a hard piece of plastic.
Not good. I immedietly stopped going there. Too late. Just to warn you
guys...watch it. And for those of you in Fairbanks ( I know there is at
least you Mr. Zutz) DO NOT go to the Gas Line on Airport way. Adios...

^Bobby Wilken*^*^*^
^'97 SLT+, 318ci, CC, 4x4, Flame Red, K&N, Gibson Duals,^
*Quite a sweet stereo w/ 6 disc and bass,^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^and every single option there is...^*^*^*