Re: Gear Lube Change on '98

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 20:18:29 EDT

Wayne,

I used 75W-90, which is the only grade that Mobil 1 makes in the
synthetic. The stuff that came out was of a similar viscosity. I read
somewhere that 75W-90 was the stuff to use, but I can't rember where.

I also learned that the differentil cover does not have a gasket. It
uses sealent only. Of course, I found this out after calling 3 parts
places :-/

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:33:25 EDT
>From: Psi363 <Psi363@AOL.COM>
>Subject: Re: DML: Gear Lube Change on '98

><< FWIW I changed the lube in my '98 5.2l 5-speed tonight to Mobil 1. Here
> is what I learned: >>
>
>What grade did you use in the transmission? The service manual says Mopar
>lube is the only stuff to use, and of course gives no specs on what type of
>fluid it is. Thanks
>
>Wayne

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA