Re: New Dakota 2WD SLT on the way from Warren, Mich.

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 16:19:50 EDT

On Wed, 13 May 1998 22:54:57 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello list!
>
>My wife and I have a new 2WD Dakota on order--expected ETA is the 21st
>(May). I want to get the truck lifted by 2 or 3 inches, and I'm not
>interested in a body lift. A local shop says they can lift it by
>tightening the torsion bars in front (and realigning the front end), and
>adding a block kit in the rear. Can anyone tell me if these
>modifications will likely create any problems? Will I need to get new
>shocks if I have it done? What's a reasonable price, including labor?

I am under the impression that only the 4X4's have torsion bars for
the front end. I thought the 2WD were sprung in the front. There was a
web site that someone posted awhile back that listed a lift kit for
97+ 2WD's. Anyone remember that site address?

>I was sort of surprised to find this e-mail list. I'm looking forward to
>having access to information the dealer probably can't really help me
>with, and that I can't really trust local shops (trying to sell work) to
>be completely forthright with. This information superhighway can be all
>right sometimes--eh?!
>
>Skeptic X

This is the place to be.....

Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....