New Dakota 2WD SLT on the way from Warren, Mich.

From: Skeptic X (SkepticX@negia.net)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 22:54:57 EDT

Hello list!

My wife and I have a new 2WD Dakota on order--expected ETA is the 21st
(May). I want to get the truck lifted by 2 or 3 inches, and I'm not
interested in a body lift. A local shop says they can lift it by
tightening the torsion bars in front (and realigning the front end), and
adding a block kit in the rear. Can anyone tell me if these
modifications will likely create any problems? Will I need to get new
shocks if I have it done? What's a reasonable price, including labor?

I was sort of surprised to find this e-mail list. I'm looking forward to
having access to information the dealer probably can't really help me
with, and that I can't really trust local shops (trying to sell work) to
be completely forthright with. This information superhighway can be all
right sometimes--eh?!

Skeptic X