Re: Re:attn EVERYBODY

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 01:36:28 EDT

Mike P Sykes wrote:

> okay..... enough already.. Anyone can find an excuse to argue with
> someone else... Just let it go and talk about the important stuff.....
> HORSEPOWER! (no matter how you got it!) We can all agree that money will
> buy you a nice motor, and we can also agree that you can do the same work
> yourself. So, if we can agree on that, can't we agree on everything else?
> As far as power gains, I'm open to what anybody has done, and even though
> I have an 88 which came with 130HP V6, I enjoy just having a Dak at all.
> Man, I just wanna' see everybody doing what this list is meant to do. I
> have nothin' against anybody on the list, and I'm not pickin'. I've had
> my share of people make comments and pick at me, and I'm sure I've rubbed
> more than one person the wrong way, but it ends there. I just hate to see
> people be hostile about something that doesn't matter. Once again guys,
> enough already please......
> later everyone
> -mike sykes

I really hesitate to start a me too thread, but I agree totally with
Mike on this one. C'mon guys we're all here for the same reason, cause
we love our trucks, that should count for something. And in all
fairness email can be read in a different tone than what the original
author intended, what might have been light-hearted sounding to the
writer may sound like a slap in the face to the reader. Then the reader
flames back and all hell breaks loose. So how 'bout it guys, let's just
call it a draw, shake hands and get back to Dak stuff. I've really been
proud to be a part of this list because of the type of people who
contribute. It has always seemed to me that we were a cut above the
rest. A friend of mine is on the F-body list and he says there are
constant flame wars on there. I usually just remind him how nice the
Dak list is.... until lately that is.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt