Re: WAS KN Rubbing Now washing engines

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 02:11:23 EDT

jim miller wrote:

> Spraying cold water on a hot engine, running or not, can cause hot parts to
> shatter.
> I've seen distributor caps cracked from this and worst case exhaust manifolds
> cracked from this. One time I saw a bad fire from some guy using the whitewall
> cleaner sprayed on a hot engine and it burst into flames. BE CAREFUL what you
> spray on a HOT ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would the textbook method be to let the engine cool down all the way,
then spray on the cleaner (simple green or whatever you prefer), then
hose it off or use a pressure washer, then start it back up and let it
dry out? It would be better not to run it while you spray it, but
after? What about the guys who have to drive to the local 75 cent car
wash? That motor's got to be up to operating temp by then... what
should they do?

Confused.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---