Re: RE: '98 service manuals

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 16:50:30 EDT

Does anyone on the list have a service manual for a '98? The CC manual
is $99 shipped (kind of pricey.) Just wondering if any of the others
(Chiltons, Haynes, etc.) were any good.

To be honest I didn't try to get any other manual but factory. You might as well
get your info from the horse's mouth and $99 is cheap compared to what I've paid
for some other factory manuals (i.e.; Lotus). You'll reap the payback on the
first servicing you perform yourself vs paying an incompetent service dept.
My personal experience has shown the other manuals are a subset of the factory
manual (you might get engine overhaul info, but not have electrical wiring
schematics or detailed interior body info, etc)

-just my $.02

-Bob T. '98 Sport+ CC 4X4 V8 5sp 4WABS 3.55 Towing