RE: RE: Engine pinging more than you think...

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@emh1.hqisec.army.mil)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 17:40:42 EDT

Lance writes: ... This is a signal that can be cleared by plugging into
the diagnostic port under your steering column.

Okay. I'm going to preface my question with the statement that this is
not meant to be a snide remark or sarcastic in nature but a legitimate
(? - at least to me) question.

Does this mean that the dealer has to plug something into the port or
can an individual do that? And if an individual can do it, what tool
(or piece of equipment) is required?

Just trying to figure out if their is something I can do if confronted
with a similar situation in my truck.

Hopefully, there is nothing volatile in the above questions or
statements. If there is, I apologize in advance. <g>

And for the next 10 stupid questions.

Mark R
93 5.2Magnum, CC, LE, slushbox, pigeon hauler