Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 02:19:29 EDT

> Mike P Sykes wrote:
>
> > I have also gotten that crap from MPI..... VERY rude person answered the
> > phone and didn't want to answer my questions. Then he gave me a line of
> > BS that Mopar Performance doesn't make a Cam at all!!!?!?!

WOW... this guy is WAY off with this comment especially since our
catalog list the MOPAR cam... duhhh

 Man, I WILL be dealing with
> > someone else

thank you, please do

while some of you guys continue to need to grab onto your egos... we
continue to have 5 figure days. trust me those sales ARE NOT mail list
customers... so stick it! :)

> > > Has anyone on the list ever done business with MPI in Houston? (how
> > >about it Gene?) I tried calling them for several weeks - got nothing
> > >but an answering machine.

probably we all went bass fishing at the place...

 Finally got someone on the phone, but once
> > >he
> > >found out I had, heaven forbid, QUESTIONS!, he was too busy to talk.
> > >
> > > Some of that is just me, I'm a skeptic and need to fully understand
> > >everything before making a decision. Besides, I've been
> > >Chevy-oriented
> > >for 25 years and this is my first Dodge (98 R/T). I could tell this
> > >guy
> > >was getting fed-up with my questions, his bottom line was "when you
> > >know
> > >what parts you want, call me back", right before he begged off for
> > >another caller.

who had called before and wanted to buy parts... :)

> > > Well, I know I don't want to spend $900 for a throttle body without
> > >knowing what kind of gain there is to be had.

we don't want you to either... we already have plenty of $900 tbi
orders, thank you very much. I've been thinking of a $19.95
do-it-u-r-self tbi kit for useguys...