Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 02:11:03 EDT

Craig Baltzer wrote:

> Just my $0.02 worth, but I can see where Jules is coming from, both in
> his approach, and in the $5 for a catalog. If you won't shell out $5 for
> the catalog, why should he think you're serious about buying stuff,
> particularly things that by definition are not cheap? Secondly, he has
> to be somewhat "gruff" when dealing over the phone, otherwise he is
> running a free consulting business, and people phone him up for advice,
> and then go to Wallmart to buy the part for the cheapest price they can
> find. Also, running a small business he can ill afford to be yaking on
> the phone all day to people who won't even pay $5 for the catalog (which
> prob. answers a good many of the "first timers" questions).
>
> Craig

thanks...

actually

I nor anyone else here is or has to be gruff...

basic marketing strategy advises that folks don't spend $ where they are
mistreated. Just based upon our position in the marketplace... it is
clear to me that Magnum Performance is doing a real fine job at what it
does.

but i will get off the fone if i determine we are wasting mpi's very
valuable time... sorry. but that is how it is.

yesterday a guy waited 12 min on the phone... we were swamped! :)... and
he did it so as to keep line "busy" so he could get in. all he wanted
was some tech on his new 98 dak that was coming... and he parted ways
with me with a very big Thanks for the help.

so what's a guy to do... huh?!? (chcukles again)

and if those wal-mart speed shop enthusiasts stayed on the fone long
enuff to buy some parts instead of bad-mouthing one of the best damn
dodge shops in the US of A... :)

they'd find my parting comments oft are: "thanks for your busines. we
DO apprecaite it very much. Call me anytime. you don't have to buy
parts to give us a call!

but i accept the rock throwing. after all i have built more engines,
been published more times and have more skinned knuckles from twisting
wrenches than any hot rodder might dare to think he's entitled to! not
to mention run mills and lathes with reckless abandon all the while
holding required tolerances....:)

"hot rodding costs $$$... so how fast do YOU want to go?"

j/mpi