DML:Fiasco

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 18:55:25 EDT

<snip>
>It's about .691 Canadian dollars per US dollar so at that his insurance
>would be around $830 US per year, so it sounds like you both are paying
>about the same for insurance, of course since his truck is newer he's
>getting a better deal, but your still getting a pretty good deal, at least
>from my perspective paying a 20 year-old's rates....

>Bruce
------------------------------

Hey Bruce:

I think you missed the point of my post ... if you want to keep your
insurance rates down ... don't speed, don't get tickets and don't have 'at
fault' accidents ... simple.

To put in another way .... a couple of tickets, an accident or two and the
premium would probably double.

Rates here are unusually high because the base rate is the same whether
you're 19 or 50 ...socialized auto insurance. Great for the 19 year olds.
But, I think you know who cause more accidents.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada