Re: Bed liners

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 21:44:44 EDT

Hi,

I want to offer an opinion on plan "C", which is a bed mat. I had a mat
in my Chebby for 12 years. It worked well. I have one in my 98 and it is
working out well. The mat protects the bed floor and gate, which is what
gets the abuse. When I have to cary mulch or gravel I put a tarp in the
bed. This works well.

I am also set up to haul a bike. I have cut holes (a hole saw does a
great job, BTW) in the mat to fit over the tiedowns. This would be tough
with a liner.

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 03:35:42 -0400
>From: Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
>Subject: Re: DML: Bed liners
>

>> OK, so none of you chose to or could answer my EQ question from last
>> night. Here is my next one: I want to get a bed liner. My DAK is
>> only a couple of weeks old and I want to get it installed BEFORE I
>> have to put something in the back of it that will scratch or dent the
>> bed. I know NOTHING about them. Any suggestions, things to look out
>> for, brands, anything?
>>

> If you're looking to protect your bed, you'll want to stay away
>from plastic bedliners. I've got the Mopar bed liner in mine, and
>the damage it has done to the bed is disgusting. Its scraped the
>paint completely away everywhere it touches the truck. (Which is
>a lot of places.)
>
> If I were going to do it again, I'd probably look into something like
>a Rhino spray in or maybe a carpeted bed. I'll definitely never get
>a plastic liner again though. It has done MUCH more damage than my
>normal use of the bed would have done.
>

> -Jon-
>
> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
> | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
> I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my
own.

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA
(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)