Re: Bed liners

From: Skeptic X (SkepticX@negia.net)
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 00:11:28 EDT

Mike P Sykes wrote:

> Bed liners are pretty straight-forward, shouldn't be a problem finding a
> good deal on one. Any place that sells Camper Shells probably sells
> bedliners too. I was fortunate enough to have my bedliner come with my
> Dak when I bought it.... lucky me, I guess. The guy who installed it
> before I got it used some crappy clips or something and it rubbed most of
> the paint of my bed.

I keep "hearing" people talking about the paint being worn off by bed liners
as if it takes a few minutes after installation. What's a reasonable guess as
to how long it -really- takes? I expect it will depend upon what you haul,
but can anyone offer any sort of estimate? I'm wondering if I should even let
the dealership I'm buying my Dakota from get it -close- to one of the free
bed liners they're offering this month, the way you people make it sound in
here!

Skeptic X