Re: Bed liners

From: Eric Schreiner (xneric@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 10:05:50 EDT

Skeptic X wrote:

> I keep "hearing" people talking about the paint being worn off by bed liners
> as if it takes a few minutes after installation. What's a reasonable guess as
> to how long it -really- takes? I expect it will depend upon what you haul,
> but can anyone offer any sort of estimate? I'm wondering if I should even let
> the dealership I'm buying my Dakota from get it -close- to one of the free
> bed liners they're offering this month, the way you people make it sound in
> here!
>
> Skeptic X

  I took my CC under rail bedliner out to put in more tie downs. The liner had
been in less than 500 miles and the paint was noticeably scuffed. Bedliners
don't fit corners perfectly either, so you loose a little space there too. Of
course the tailgate protector has done a job on the paint at the top too.

Eric