Re: Bed liners

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 11:13:49 EDT

About this bedliner thing. I guess it's kinda a religious thing.
Having had 2 other trucks before my Dak and both of them with
Duraliners the only thing I found after years of use was the paint
was worn off in a few places (shiny, not rust) and could easily
be hand sanded, primed, and spot painted,,,but why? The liners
did their thing and was surely better than staring at a scratched,
dented, and rusted bed from having no liner (sorry folks, I use
my bed, it's not something I wish to wax & show! :-). One can do
the rhino-thing, but there ain't any dealers around here snd my
personal experience shows the drop in liners are hardly destroying
the bed (unless a few bare spots is considered "destroying")

A satisfied drop-in liner customer after years of tossing logs
and driving my sled up into the bed.

The only warning I got is stay away from over-rail type drop-ins
as there is significant warpage with temp changes and it looks
like hell (wavy seam along the top with heat).

-just my $.02

-Bob T. '98 Sport+ CC 4X4 V8 5sp 4WABS 3.55 Towing