Re: 3000GT DAK???

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 01:51:34 EDT

Money???? I have forgotten what that looks like =).... I know a guy who
wreched his 3000GT and he's willing to help me out, but he says hewants
it to be a show truck and not a daily driver, but he wants to use my only
means of Transportation, which happens to be my beloved Dak!!!! He says
he might sell me the whole car for 300, since the junk yard is only
gonna' give em' 200..... it's only totalled cuz' of that whole
radiator/hand thing..... (he hit a tree).... I'll keep the list posted.
Godd point about the HP and the AWD, I'd probably just stick with minimal
performance mods to the 3000GT motor just because of that reason. Not
only that, but I'd have to get a custom made Drive-Shaft cuz' my Dak is a
long-bed, and it would be in danger of flexing due to it's length
(although a good aluminum DS would remedy that =).... I have a lot to
consider, but it may just be worth it!
-mike sykes

miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
88V6LE3.55AUTO

"you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes..."

On Sun, 17 May 1998 00:58:52 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>At 12:20 AM 5/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>I just got this idea at work today (Busch Gardens will do that to
>>ya').... I would be interested to see someone bolt up the AWD system,
>>suspension system, and the Twin Turbo Engine from a 3000GT. I might
>even
>>try it myself! Get some 4WS up in this, too!
>>Man, that would be slick! I thought to myself "hhmmm what if the
>parts
>>are too wide, a 3000GT is a pretty stout car" My solution is, use the
>AWD
>>from a Talon or Eclipse, maybe..... Not a bad idea if you ask me...
>>people bolt up Vette suspension and stuff on Chebbies.... hhhmmmmm,
>what
>>do you guys think? That Dak would handle, and haul ass!!!!
>

> Would definitely be an interesting project. :-) Very, very
>expensive
>though. I don't remember how heavy the VR-4 is; its not light, but I
>think its somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000lbs lighter than a
>Dak. (Ok, maybe 500) The weight difference might be a problem.
>
> Also, the viscous limited slip diff and AWD is pretty cool, but it
>virtually eliminates wheelspin, which means that the driveline has to
>take all that power; there's no release. If you're planning on
>pulling some serious horsepower out of the engine, this might
>rear its head later in the form of broken bits in the driveline, most
>of which aren't cheap. Course, if you've got the money to do the
>switch
>in the first place, you can probably afford to fix it later. :-)
>

> -Jon-
>
> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu --
>http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
> | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ,
>RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447
>(#FF019) |

> I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are
>my own.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]