Sound damping Material -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 09:10:42 EDT

>>> <HKUSP40578@cs.fredonia.edu> 05/15/98 04:43pm >>>
OK well had anyone ever use products like Dynamat or any other sound
damping materials before like the ones in Crutchfield?? I am replacing my
speakers in my doors and I know how bad my door virbrates already
with my
stock speakers. I figure while I am going to have the door panels off I
may as well put some in there, I am just curious if it REALLY works and if

it is REALLY worth the $$$$! THANKS AGAIN!

I've used it. It does work. Wether or not it is worth the $$$, that's up to
you. It goes on pretty easily if you warm the panel up first. Basically, all
these items do is add weight to the panel to lower it's resonant
frequency. If the rattling you are experiencing is the door panel against
the inner door skin (ie. a loose door panel), there are less expensive
ways to solve this.

Steve