Am I crazy?

From: tbollin@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 10:28:21 EDT

To anyone who might know:
I recently, last weekend, took a short camping trip with three kids, my
sweetie, my 100# dog, and all the necessary camping equiptment (you know
how some women pack :O ) to southern Ohio. I have been trying to figure out
why my dak (5.2l auto w/ 3.25 rear and no mods) spark knocks. What I can't
figure out is that my truck ran better loaded than it does empty. I used the
same fuel, 87, ran about 70 mph all the way, but I noticed very little spark
knock, only when accelerating at highway speeds in overdrive. Now that my
truck is empty, its back to the same thing, heavy knock anytime I accelerate
over 2000rpm. Any ideas?