Re: The R/T's debut @ the strip/Mason-Dixon/Englishtownshows

From: Mori 4 (Mori4@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 21:49:54 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/98 7:32:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dclark@nb.net
writes:

<< Hey everyone! Just thought I'd drop a line and let everyone know how the
 racing went for me a the Mid Atlantic Mopar meet at Mason Dixon Dragway
 Saturday and Sunday. I had one of those weekends where everything falls into
 place and you get on a roll! I went to the semis Sat. and made it to the
 finals on Sunday! Not too bad considering I footbrake my 88 dak. and was
 running Class 1 electronics cars! It ran 7.14 1/8 mile times all day
 Saturday and EVERY run on Sunday would have been a 11.19 except for the ones
 that I lifted for the win. Best (package) of the weekend came on Sunday in
 the 4th round when I had a .501rt and ran a 11.193 on a 11.19 dial! Bad
 thing is both losses came when I lit the red light. UGH! Like to unscrew
 that bulb sometimes! Got my Dak. dialed in and this should be a great year
 as long as I keep my head outta my %@%#*.....Later all! Dahrl
 Clark >>

Was it a white Dakota drag truck parked at the end of the pits about half way
up the hill? It had to be you. Good job driving, especially going against
everbody with their delay boxes. I was eliminated in the first round, had a
poor light (.647) and then went under my dial-in time. Scott, are you
listening? How did you make out the rest of the day? When I was getting ready
to leave he was going into the second round of eliminations in Trophy class
with his good running Shelby Dakota.

  Shane B.