Re: roller rocker article

From: Kabuki2 (Kabuki2@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 15:58:07 EDT

<< Have ya done any head work Patrick? I was under the impression
 (again...from what I've been told/read) that the Magnum heads tend to nose
 over in flow as they get into the upper .400's lift range. >>

The heads are stock. The cam made a huge difference in mid-upper rpm power...
I believe headwork would really wake this engine up as the ports on the magnum
head look to be alittle bit less than to be desired for higher rpm, which is
what I expected for a low rpm truck motor...... The heads have to be the key
for my combo, and that once I shift everything else to run in a higher rpm
range (like the heads and intake) my tank is going to fly... :-) Right now I
have lightly modded 5spd Dakotas getting scared ...

<< How's the Comp Cam workin' for ya? Is this combo in a Dak? I had heard
they were offering a grind but haven't seen anything about it. I'd be
interested in the cam specs if it's sumthin' you can share. >>

I looked at several grinds, including Cranes.. Comp offers two for the Magnum
5.9L V8 (as the summit tech guy says) and I chose the more radical grind...
:-) I believe they had a third grind too, but it was for the 5.2 in a dakota.
I have a Ram.

The specs on the exhaust are .512" lift/274 adv dur on the exhaust side .. 112
degree lobe sep, I believe the intake side has the same lift but with 264 adv
dur (210/220 @ .050) the lift figures are @ the valve.. I believe on the cam
with a 108 degree centerline the lift is @ .320"

ttyl
patrick