Re: Decal removal

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 16:31:58 EDT

Patrick's suggestion of the using the hair dryer is the least detrimental
to your nerves. I started this way using WD-40 for the adhesive removal.
The DODGE on the tailgate and the SP on the passenger door took 2 hours.
It was a little chilly outside tho too.

I decided to speed things up. I ordered a vinyl decal eraser (small rubber
wheel...similar to gum eraser) from the Sears specialty tool catolog (also
available thru Eastwood http://www.eastwoodco.com ). Chuck it into a drill
and rubbed the rest off in 10 min. This method dulls the paint tho and
requires follow up with a light rubbing compound. Ya can't tell I ever did
anthing but I was on pins and needles until the shine came back with the
rubbin' compound.

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net