Dakotas vs. Syclones

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 07:09:51 EDT

>Oh yes, it will beat any dak that is not extremely modified. If you can
get your dak
>to go
>0-60 in under 5 seconds you might have a chance. Most good Syclones stock
run under
>14 sec in the quarter and top end over 150.

     Jim is right on the money here. A related story: The run I enjoyed
the most in my organized drag racing experience (limited as it is) was
against a Syclone last October. It was the run that got me into the 14's
finally. Jim is right...these things really move. He had me by the 330'
mark and beat me by 3/4's of a second and 6 mph by time we hit 1320'.
BUT......I 60 ft'd that little hair dryer equipped GMC! I couldn't tell ya
how happy I was to 60' an All-wheel-drive, 280hp, quickest production
truck, Syclone! With the stock 215 Goodyears to boot!

ok...done pattin' myself on the back. ;^)

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com