DML Gibson exhausts

From: E. Frank Ball (frankb@sr.hp.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 15:06:37 EDT

} > I never knew what my truck sounded like until someone
} > else drove it when I was standing outside. It's a totally
} > different sound than what you get in the cab.
}
} I second that. The other day at Sears I was getting the front end lined
} up (for the 3rd time) and the mechanic took it for a test drive around
} the mall. I was standing at the garage waiting for him to return and I
} couldn't believe the sound it made rumbling across the mall parking
} lot.... I was impressed. Inside the cab you just cant hear all of it.

But can you set off car alarms with your exhaust? That's the real test.
It's always amusing to have a pack of harleys go by in a downtown area
and leave a wake of car alarms blaring behind them. I'd hope that you
could at least trigger them in a parking garage.

} 4) Price: I got the aluminized version. You can buy Gibson cat-back
} systems from practically any truck performance place in the U.S.
} Since Gibson is based in CA, there are a ton of Gibson resellers
} on the West Coast. Note: I found out first-hand that it will always
} be cheaper to search for a good price from a dealer instead of
} ordering directly from Gibson. The folks at Gibson told me over
} the phone that they keep their prices high so that they don't
} compete with their dealers/resellers.

Where is Gibson on the West Coast? I'm in Santa Rosa (1 hour north of San
Fransisco). Flowmaster is headquatered here, so that is what everybody has.
I haven't found any Gibson dealers locally.

--
Frank Ball   1UR-M           frankb@sr.hp.com       (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard              (707) 794-3038 fax     (707) 538-3693 home