Re: re "little blue bottle"

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 14:44:20 EDT

At 12:59 PM 5/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hey Sean,that idea has crossed my mind once or twice allthough
>>I've never ran it past the wife-she'de love that (not).BUTT
>>is there any pages u know of that details an installation process ?
>>I know jon did an excellent run through on his SBEC-anything like
>>that anywhere on the bottle ???Your page is one of the best I've
>>ran across,by the way
>>geo.
>>'89 Shelby Dakota #288
>

> Thanks...that page is a great stress reliever. 8^)
>
>I haven't seen any pages that document an install but I imagine there's one
>out there. There's been a couple good articles in Power Wagons and Sport
>Utes covering the install on a Dakota but I'm not sure how this setup would
>compare to your thottle body config. There's an excellent special edition
>mag on the stands right now called "induction systems" or sumthin' like
>that. It's done by Car Craft/Hot Rod/etc. Covers everything from nitrous
>to blowers in pretty good detail.

   George,

  I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago. In addition
to the resources Sean mentioned above, I found a couple of additional ones
which were quite helpful. One of them is a book (which is available from
Summit as well as amazon.com, etc.) called "Nitrous Oxide Injection" by
David Vizard. It covers basically everything you'd ever need to know
about nitrous. Another helpful resource was a video put out by NOS. You
can buy it directly from their web site (http://www.nosnitrous.com).
  Its got some general info about nitrous but probably the most useful
part of it is that it completely documents the install of nitrous on
a carbeurated and a fuel injected vehicle. (60's or 70's Firebird and
a late model 5.0 Mustang) They say its really easy to do; and based
on the video, I'd be inclined to agree.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.