RE: Gibson exhaust

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 13:06:26 EDT

> >One other thing: Don't do the dual pipe. Stick with the single pipe
> >system. Unless your truck has stacks with rain caps coming up behind
> >the cab, you should stick with a single pipe.
> >
> >-Scott
> >'97 Dak CC 4x4 Gibson 3" cat-back.
>
> Yeah, I wanted the single version. But you've got a V8 right? Mine's only
> a 6, and Gibson doesn't make a single for my configuration: V6, 4x4,
> standard cab, short bed; they only make a dual. I had my local performance
> shop call Gibson, and they said that a single for my config was a no go.
> Perhaps another brand? I also don't know if any of the other Gibson single
> models could be "altered" to fit my truck.
> What does anybody think?
>
> -Trevor
> '98 Dakota Sport 4x4

Yeah, I've got the V8.

But what difference will that make? The only problem I can see is
if your V6-powered truck has smaller-diameter pipe coming out
of the cat than mine does. That doesn't make any sense.

Anyone else know why the V6 and V8 exhaust systems would
be different from the cat-back?

I don't think the V8 is the problem in this equation. Your truck
is also not a club cab. Maybe that makes a difference?
{Length of exhaust pipes and placement of factory hangers?}

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."