baseline/rear axle

From: rll (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 19:11:09 EDT

Sean...great idea on a stock baseline.

My 92 bigcab V8 will have exactly that done to it in the next
week or two.

Having just changed out a ruined rear axle assembly, I have decided
racing it could not harm it anymore than street driving.

The other benefit is that letting my 17 year old son race at the
strip may cure the heavy street foot problem. 60 in a 40 = traffic
school.

After changing out the rear axle, I've done some rough measuring and
it looks like a Fury 68-70 or a "e" body axle has the correct drum to
drum numbers.The spring perches would have to be moved 1 1/2" towards
the center.

I tryed to talk my wife outta the 4.11 Dana in her sixpack challenger,
but she said no.....

I want to thank the list for the replys I got on the axle problem.

rob