Re: rusted drive shaft

From: AJRoss50 (AJRoss50@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 19:14:34 EDT

>I just bought a 97 dak (V-6) w/ 52 miles on it. I looked underneath and
>noticed a lot of suspension components had rust on it including the entire
>driveshaft. Is this normal on anyone elses? I Bitched to the dealer they said
>it was normal but after some yelling got them to recoat it and take off the
>rust and even got a free rental (although kinda embaressed to drive the
>Plymouth Sprint). Now I just gotta wait a week to get it back.

>Steven

Any exposed metal will have surface rust. Just look at your brake rotors
after the truck sits for the night. What I was suprised was, that the Dak's
have steel drive shafts. I thought most vehicles these days came with
aluminum drive shafts for less weight and interia. I guess with the V8 you
need the stronger drive shaft. I wouldnt worry about it, it will just be
covered with rust again in a few months.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8