Re: Camshaft tech

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 20:06:37 EDT

<< By changing the rocker ratio, we have gone from
 having our valve open at 10 degrees and close at
 200 degress to having our valve open at 5 degrees
 and close at 210 degrees. We have gained 10
 more degrees of CAMSHAFT SPINNING TIME
 that the valve will be higher than .050 from its seat.
 Yeah, I know we haven't changed the shape of the lobe.
 The increased ratio is what did the magic.
 Our "Little Shop of Combustion" is open earlier
 in the morning and closes later at night to suit
 your gas-burning needs.

How can that be????????? The lifter, and rest of the valvetrain, will move
open and closed at the exact same spots on the cam, regardless of the rocker
ratio. In a zero lash valvetrain, there is no way I can see of getting more
duration out of a higher rocker ratio. It just doesnt make sense. The valve
is going to open faster, and close faster, because of the movement at the end
of the rocker. The duration cant change.

Brad