Re: Camshaft tech

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 20:13:43 EDT

<< How can that be????????? The lifter, and rest of the valvetrain, will
move
 open and closed at the exact same spots on the cam, regardless of the rocker
 ratio. In a zero lash valvetrain, there is no way I can see of getting more
 duration out of a higher rocker ratio. It just doesnt make sense. The valve
 is going to open faster, and close faster, because of the movement at the end
 of the rocker. The duration cant change.

 Brad >>

Also, I think we need to differentiate between Advertised duration, and
duration at .050". You can have four different cams witht he same advertised
duration, but they will all have different duration at .050", because of lobe
profiles. Now, are you saying it would change the duration at .050", or the
advertised duration? Um, I just realized what you are saying. It would
change duration at .050'". I can see the light now! Sorry, my apologies!!!

Brad