RE: Roof rack for pre 97 Dak (Don)

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 21:29:59 EDT

I can't comment on other companies, but I can talk about THULE. If your
truck has gutters, then there is one rack that fits all cars/trucks with
gutters. If your truck doesn't, then you have to buy a special mounting
kit, for your year truck (same price as the gutter mount), then you just
add on all the other goodies you want. I never owned a rack that didn't
say THULE on it. I know people that have bought other brands and they
always say the same thing, and it usually goes something like this "I
wish had bought the THULE rack" or "I will use this until I can get a
THULE". I haven't seen a roof rack that fits as good as a THULE. Once
mounted, there is no play in the rack.

Let me know what year your truck is. One of my friends owns a bike shop
and they only sell THULE roof rack. He's been selling them for years.
Let me know what you want for a storage unit (model), and I will see
what he can do for a price. Also THULE is located about 45 minutes from
where I live. I can give them a call and see what they say.

Glenn Ayotte
Bristol,CT