Glad to be back.

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 19:28:59 EDT

Well I have been absent for a couple of months now, Moved from Austin
to George West, TX. I finally got a phone line run for my computer.
Wow, you guys have been busy. Over 2200 messages, I guess my
unsubscribe before I left did'nt work. Oh well its been fun browsing
through all of your posts.

Glad to see Kuk checked in, have not heard from him in a long time.
And it looks like Jon and Will are practising for the pros. Great
job guys. I have never gotten better than 5th at the track.

Since I've been out of touch I have done some more mods to the old
truck. I tore into the motor to replace the stock timing chain that
was causing lots of detonating, and while I was there changed out the
cam, springs and even did a 3 angle valve job. It did'nt give me as
much of a power increase as I was hoping but I went to the track 3
weeks ago and ran a new best et of 14.5 @ 96 mph. Down from 14.8 @
91 mph. I could have done a little better if I could have gotten
some traction. I was too lazy to take off the sway bar and I'm
afraid I will have to look at some DR or slicks to get better
hook-up. I was also pleasantly suprised with 3 of the best reaction
times I have ever gotten, .502, .504 and .523.

Well once again it is good to be back and keep all those great posts
coming. For anyone interested I post my diatribe of engine
work in a separate post.

Alan...
George West, TX