Re: Hi!!..traction-bars

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 19:28:59 EDT

> From: SCOTT THOMAS <sthomas1@bully.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Hi!!..traction-bars
> Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:14:59 -0500

> Hi all..
> Just got on the list a couple of weeks ago and it has been very informative
> as well as entertaining. I was wondering if anyone has put any type of
> traction bar set (such as Lakewoods, which bolt straight to the leaf
> springs) on their Dakota and if it was a good/bad thing.
> Thanx
> Scooter
> 92 club cab, 5.2 blah blah blah

I put them (lakewoods) on my 94 when I go to the track. They
prevent that terrible wheel hop I used to get with good traction. I
had to use 1X2 wood shims in between the back mount and spring in
order to raise the front snubber to within 1/2 inch of the front
spring so that they work properly. Mr. Gaskets sells metal shims for
this purpose, but the wood works fine, and it was laying around.

Alan...
George West, TX