Re: 97 Bagged with 18's

From: david peterson (kawi@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 03:40:44 EDT

if you go lower than 3" in the front. This is why you bag it to get a
low cruising and show heightbut then raise it back to a normal height to
drive. I have a 3/5 on my '97 V6 CC SLT+ and have had no problems. I'm
getting ready to put 17x8 with 245/50-17 on it and these will clear
fine. Also,I have to be able to put my motorcycle in the back so I'm
installing airbags in the rear. There are three of us in the area with
lowered Dakotas 2 CC with a 3/5 and a standard cab with a 5/7. You may
want to check out Western Chassis new 2" lowering a-arms I think they
cost around $225. You could use these along with the 3" coils I'm
running and be just fine. They also have a new c-notch for around $90. I
may go down to a 5/7 at the end of the summer.
Dave Peterson(kawi@hotmail.com)

>From: Toomey2me <Toomey2me@AOL.COM>
>Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:49:32 EDT
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: Re: DML: 97 Bagged with 18's
>
>I heard a story from a local chop shop about a '97 Dak being bagged and
after
>that it was ruined. They werent able to to drive it after that. I think
it had
>something to do with the bumpstops getting in the way or some other
>components. Any one else heard of this cause I have seen some lowered
Dak in