Re: One more roller rocker question

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 07:27:25 EDT

>And that brings up another dumb question. I thought roller rockers, by
>themselves, "freed up" horsepower by lessening the friction in the valve
train
>even if they were the stock ratio. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
>Eric

     Yep...how much tho is up for debate. One of the gains of switchin' to
a set of after market rockers (this includes Comp Cams roller *tip*
rockers) is that the variation in ratio from rocker to rocker is greatly
reduced. Ask anyone who has built a motor for Stock Eliminator about the
consistancy between two random stamped factory rockers.

Has anyone gotten a price on the Comp roller tip rockers? Better price
than the Crowers?

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net