Re: Hi!!..traction-bars

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 20:50:46 EDT

<< I put them (lakewoods) on my 94 when I go to the track. They
 prevent that terrible wheel hop I used to get with good traction. I
 had to use 1X2 wood shims in between the back mount and spring in
 order to raise the front snubber to within 1/2 inch of the front
 spring so that they work properly. Mr. Gaskets sells metal shims for
 this purpose, but the wood works fine, and it was laying around.

 Alan...
 George West, TX

I would like to point out that any traction bar should be mounted so that the
snubber contacts the spring eye, not the leafs. Given time, the leafs will
bend from repeated banging, not to mention when the snubber hits the eye, it
gives more leverage. Currently I am slowly working on modifying Lakewood
universal traction bars to make contact on the spring eye. The length is
correct, just need to cut off the mounts, and weld a plate on the bars, so
they can bolt to longer u-bolts. Just have to get off my ass and do it!!!

Brad