Re: Re: DML Digest V3 #834

From: Rekker21 (Rekker21@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 07:55:37 EDT

I work at the Tech Center, we obvioulsly have a trans lab but thats mostly for
the front drive vehicles. The "Mans motor" V8, that trans lab is at the Jeep
Truck Engineering in Detroit. The old AMC Headquarters.
  Yeah!!! The base of the shifter that bolts down to the trans is made out of
hardened plastic!! Its bolted down with just 4 skinny bolts, maybe 1/4-20's.
I punched the clockradio shifting into 3rd and cracked the rear part of the
housing and pulled the pass side rear bolt right out of the trans!! Pretty
bumbed! I think Im gonna have to bore it out (all 4 of them) and put in some
self tapping lag bolts. If you or anyone know anything about that Hurst
shifter please give me a line. It may be a little while before I can fix this
anyway. Money money money!!
Eric K