Re: Don't Hack...(Hey, Sean!)

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 11:41:21 EDT

>Hey Sean, just wanted to make sure that you saw this post. You
>already bought your 14" air cleaner, right? Now if we could just come up
>with some way to cheat it forward to relieve some of the firewall
>blockage...hmm???>Steve

     I already returned the bugger. This is good news for those that like
the idea of the 14" can. I'm stayin' with the FABM 10". I can get plenty
of air outta this can so I just bagged the 14" plans. I *did* already hack
2" off the rad. end of my hose when I did my stat tho.

If someone gets this hose....there are offset base air cleaner bases out
there. Moroso and K&N both have 14" offset base air cleaner assemblies.
Price from $55-$80. Ouch. Summit has their 14" chrome can/K&N style
filter combos. They come with filters ranging from 2-6" and price from
$40-$50. Not sure if the base is recessed or not but the offset on all is
1.5".

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net