Re: Keyless/Factory alarm

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 15:14:21 EDT

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Scott May wrote:

> You can have the auto-locks turned on and the horn beep for the keyless
> when it locks the doors. I don't care about the horn, but I am going
> to get the dealer to turn my auto-locks on. Supposedly it is in the
> manual (somewhere). I have to look again because I did not see it the
> first time. The main reason I know is I have a co-worker with a '97 and
> he had those two options turned on. He does not have the security
> package so they appear to be unrelated options.
>
> I will check next Friday and see if they have a list of options that
> can be turned on when I take it in to have the tubular side steps put
> on.

    Thanks; I wouldn't mind having a look at that list. My Dad just
bought a used '97 Town & Country (I'm not usually a minivan fan, but
its REALLY NICE!) :-) Anyway, the insurance company won't give him a
discount for the alarm because it doesn't turn on automatically.
   According to the owner's manual, it should turn on automatically
15 seconds after the last door is closed. It doesn't though, so maybe
that's also an option the dealer can program in. (I told him to
check with the dealer the next time he's up there...)

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.34@89.10), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |