Re: Safe "burnouts"?

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 19:59:33 EDT

<< I've found that I launch better if I spin my tires for a second
 first; not a burnout, but just a quick spin to get the water off.
 (Even driving around the water pit gets some water on my tires.)
 So, I drive around the pit, straighten out, and spin the tires.
 However, when I push the clutch back in (to stop the spin) there's a
 pretty violent clunk, which I'm not so sure is too great for the
 truck. Anyone have any ideas as to how to come out a "burnout" in
 the easiest way (on the truck) possible? Should I press in the
 clutch slower? Maybe let off on the gas a little? I suspect that if
 I let off too much, the tires will catch without the clutch being
 in, and it'll be even worse for the driveline. Anyone have any ideas?

   Thanks in advance!

I run my 5 speed all the time at the track. After my burnouts, I just get out
of the throttle all the way, till it starts to roll forward, then push in the
clutch. No violence.

Brad