Re: DML:360 attn: Erick

From: Rekker21 (Rekker21@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 23:20:40 EDT

<< 5.9 huh? Did you swap out a 318 for the 5.9 or a V6. I've been wanting to
 do this for a while, but I haven't gathered much info on it. I have
 aV6.... what all did you have to do? >>

Yup! I ordered it originally with a 5.2. It was simple really! No mods
besides the actual swop! I have a 5spd so I had to change flywheels, but
other than that its all the same. Now if youre swopping from a V6 its more
involved. For one the manual trans is different fromV6 to V8 only because the
V8 is heavy duty and the 6 isn't. Mine is the NV3500. The auto goes by the
same rule I think. You will also want to change your suspension too. Those 8's
are very torquey! But thats not manditory.Oh I almost forgot!! I had to use
the 5.2 oil pan because the 5.9 was out of a Van and the pan wouldnt fit
around the torsion bar. So you have to modify the DipStick as well. Ok thats
it!!! Good luck!