Re: roller rocker article (duration!)

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Sun May 24 1998 - 08:30:32 EDT

Scott,

The cam lobe determines when the valve opens ( comes off the seat) independantly of
the rocker arm ratio for all practical purposes. If one were to measure the opening
point in 1/1000 of a second you may be able to detect the 1.7 opening slightly before
the 1.6 but this A) would be very difficult to measure and B) be of no consequence to
engine performance.

Yes, I did read this before I posted it and I did not contridict myself.

If you don't believe myself or Sean, contact any reputable cam grinder, Comp Cams,
Crane, Crower, etc. and ask them.

KW

The 1.7 rockers will open at a faster rate and open further off the seat but this has
to be performed in the same amount of time as the 1.6 rockers.This would make the 1.7
more susceptible to valve float at a lower RPM.