Re: R/T: Back from the strip report via Digest

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun May 24 1998 - 13:43:26 EDT

>At 05:04 PM 5/23/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>
>> Well,just got back from Cecil Cty. Dragway and I'm very pleased with the
>>results. The M&Hs sure did the trick. Here's the best out of five passes:
>>60' .... 2.078sec , 1/8mi. ... 9.361 @ 73.30mph , 1000' ...
>>12.254sec. , 1/4mi. ... 14.705 @ 91.71mph

> Very good work, young man. And with a slush box. I'd like to see you
> try it with a 14x3 open element and the 180 thermostat.

        I'll second that one! Great times Shane. I'd bet another tenth or two at
the least with the 14x3. I picked up a 1221 to try again yesterday. This
time I took the truck with me to check it in the parking lot. The can base
bumps the alternator brace bolt but I fixed it by runnin' back in and
buyin' an Edelbrock p/n 8093 1/2" can spacer. Now all's I gotta do is fix
the S-bolt as it's a half inch short now. Ran it home with it bumpin' the
bolt so I could try it tho. Not a huge difference over the 10" but it's
definitely pulling harder in the upper rpm range and there is no more
air-sucking sound. I'd still recommend the 10" can for ease of
installation and cost but for all out airflow and racing.....this 14x3 is
gonna be hard to beat. I'm not even runnin' a K&N in it yet and I'm
already more than happy.

L8R
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net