Re: Throttle Body (Eric)

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 09:37:23 EDT

> << Well lunch is over back to the throttle body. >>
>
> Sounds good, Im interested to see if it works! What exactly are you
doing
> to it? I did mine in the garage before I put in the 5.9
> Eric K

Eric,
In hind sight it would probably be easier to cut everything
flush to the top of the throttle body before grinding. That
way you could lay the throttle body upside down on a
piece of course sand paper after grinding to get it perfectly
flat (if you don't have access to a machine shop). If you
go that rout I would then drill 4-8 small holes (depending
if you double up the pins) at the corners and insert small
Dow pins to hold the air filter base centered on the top of
the throttle body. Once your done the polished aluminum
on the new throttle body looks great. Let me know how
it turns out.

Mike Catlin