Re: Throttle body mods (via Digest)

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 12:24:54 EDT

At 11:58 AM 5/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> Mike!!! You are my hero!!! Ive done the inner intake mod but not to
>the
>>throttle body, maybe I should do that!! I think I have an extra one in the
>>garage!! Ill do it to that one!! Let me know how it specs out on the Gtech
>>Eric K
>
> And yer *my* hero man! 8^) I don't think any of us have attempted that
>intake mod yet.
>
>Yeah...if you haven't done the throttle body you're definitely losin' out
>on some hp. I read the stock 5.2 tb (don't know if the 5.9L and 5.2L use
>the same tb) flows about 550cfm or sumthin' in that range. I had a guy
>mail me from my webpage askin' about the throttle body mod. He's runnnin'
>a '94 with Magnum R/T cam, head work, FABM type air cleaner, shorties,
>true duals, 24# injectors, etc. I explained to him he should go as far as
>Mike did as my current modification was only a start. He got some real
>nice gains outta the mod as the throttle body was definitely the cork in
>his combination.
>
>Do it man...do it! I'm right with ya on the "budget" thing and this is free
>hp! 8^)

  I'm sorry, but I'm a little skeptical about any large gains in the TB
          reworking.Does anyone have any dyno[butt or otherwise] results. I
hope I'm
wrong,because like everybody, I love easy horsepower. That said, I'm too
much of a cobble jockey to attempt this on my own.BTW, does anybody know how
much a TB is from Dodge?

Tony