Throttle body mods (via Digest)

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 11:58:23 EDT

> Mike!!! You are my hero!!! Ive done the inner intake mod but not to
the
>throttle body, maybe I should do that!! I think I have an extra one in the
>garage!! Ill do it to that one!! Let me know how it specs out on the Gtech
>Eric K

        And yer *my* hero man! 8^) I don't think any of us have attempted that
intake mod yet.

Yeah...if you haven't done the throttle body you're definitely losin' out
on some hp. I read the stock 5.2 tb (don't know if the 5.9L and 5.2L use
the same tb) flows about 550cfm or sumthin' in that range. I had a guy
mail me from my webpage askin' about the throttle body mod. He's runnnin'
a '94 with Magnum R/T cam, head work, FABM type air cleaner, shorties,
true duals, 24# injectors, etc. I explained to him he should go as far as
Mike did as my current modification was only a start. He got some real
nice gains outta the mod as the throttle body was definitely the cork in
his combination.

Do it man...do it! I'm right with ya on the "budget" thing and this is free
hp! 8^)
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net
          Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com