Front brakes

From: joel (joelz@oz.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 14:37:35 EDT

I have a 98 Dakota 4X4 and after 7k the rotor(s) are warped. When lightly
depressing the pedal I can feel the pulsating caliper. Funny thing is that
the truck has a 5sp and use the gears + the brakes. When going down grades
it is in an appropriate gear to save the brakes.
I am not happy with the front brakes. Another reason why is because
in the mourning the left caliper will squeal until warmed up. If I ride the
brake a little it will go away till the next day.
I do however on occasion test the braking ability of the truck to get a feel
for its capabilities. Like stomping on them to learn threshold braking. This
could have something to do with the warped rotor.

Did anyone else experience this? Also, does the Dakota come with
simi-metalic pads? I would like to upgrade them for better gription.

Joel