Re: 5.9L swap in New York

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 17:39:52 EDT

><< He said it can be done and he would just
> take everything out (nice and neat) and store it aside somewhere, and then
> drop the big engine in. Brand new zero miles.
>
> Just my side of the story
>
> Later
>
> Scott Miller >>
>That is true Scott, I just like the idea of more bang for the buck!! I
>figure after the 3500 for the crate, and another 500 or so for carb and
what
>not you could have a very nicely bored 5.9 with fuel injection, and
possibly a
>nice little air sucking Vortech! for maybe 500 more than the crate! Thats
my
>idea of fun! But you are right, it just depends on the preference thats
all.
>Kind of like me not likeing Nitrous, but many do!
>Eric K

I have to agree with you on Nitrous. I'm not to fond of it. I seen to many
cars go "Bang" with nitrous. Other things I like about the crate motor is
it being carbuerated (sp?). For bracket racing it is so much more
consistent, but I do like hopping in my truck, turning the key without
pumping the throttle and going. I all just depends on what you want also.
If I do this (wich I probably will in about a year or so) I want to have a
mean street machine also, and just buy some little beater to drive around
in.

Later

Scott Miller

<Signature> http://members.tripod.com/~racetruck/sig.txt