FABM noise

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 18:16:13 EDT

<snip>>So, now I turn to you: Is this normal? Anyone else
>experienced it? Or, better still, eliminated it?
>
>Any ideas would be appreciated.

        The whistling noise is normal but I don't ever recall hearing mine
regularly. After a period of time I never even noticed it except for the
occasional poke of the throttle at the stoplight. I *did* notice that
after installing the 14x3 inch Edelbrock 1221 that I'm not gettin' any
noise at all. I'll now use the 10" for winter duty and trips into the
dealer. Remember that the 14" 1221 requires a spacer to eliminate the
interference with the alternator brase bolt. It'll fit without the spacer
but just sit a little crooked.
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net
          Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com