Re: DML Digest V3 #845

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 18:22:26 EDT

>> Am I wrong or is quite easy to subtract horsepower from a motor
> by hand porting and polishing? What if you take too much off?
> I was talking to CNC and they told me that alot of the polishing
> is cosmetics only.Personally, I think I'll leave it to someone
> witha flowbench.
>
> Tony

        I suppose if ya went crazy you could do some damage but the main purpose
is to remove the restrictive "bump" just b4 the butterfly. That's the only
real material removal I did the first time around. The rest of my work was
focused on polishing the rough casting surface.
**************************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net
          Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com